Thursday, July 7, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas

If my college roommate can branch out and eat different foods than so can I! Joanna is the most picky person I know, and she recently discovered chickpeas. I figured I might as well give it a shot. I found a pretty good recipe on AllRecipes.com



Ingredients

1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt (optional)
garlic powder (optional)
cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment